Job Title: Regional Android Field/IT Officer
Organisation: Living Goods (LG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Technology & Innovation Manager
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Job Summary: The Regional Android Field/IT Officer will offer timely IT support to our branch offices and Community Health Promoters (CHPs). This is an exciting role that will guarantee the efficient and continuous availability and utility of the LG Android Application, Branch IT Infrastructure and software environments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer android support to branch staff and CHPs within the assigned region.
- Implement Android Application upgrades as required.
- The incumbent will resolve android failures/faults as they arise.
- Offer timely IT Support for branches with regards to account setup, connectivity, personal computer setup and issue resolution (hardware and software).
- Keep a detailed record of branch systems and android issues for purposes of reference and implementing improvements.
- Support branch staff and Regional Field Managers at In-services and field visits.
- Support branch staff with monthly reporting by ensuring branch systems uptime.
- Backup branch systems and ensure a current working backup is held offsite.
- Carry out systems and applications training.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Technology & Innovation Manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Servers and applications infrastructure availability.
- Minimize downtime duration for branch systems.
- Timely resolution and sign-off of issues.
- Elimination of errors and/or rework during update execution
- Timely closure of incidents and fast resolution of issues.
- Availability and viability of branch backups.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related field
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in information technology. A minimum of one year in a similar position
- Solid training experience, e.g., Training of Trainers, QuickBooks POS Training, Android Application
- Previous experience with system monitoring and benchmarking
- Customer Care experience
- Knowledge of wireless systems and data communications,
- Good research skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Android operating system
- Microsoft Windows OS Administration and Operating systems proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel across the country for extended periods
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline