Organisation: ActionAid International
Project Name: United Nations Joint Programme on Gender Based Violence (UNJPGBV)
Duty Station: Uganda
ActionAid is an International Development Agency in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
Job Summary: The Project Trainee will be responsible for the appropriate implementation of United Nations Joint Programme on Gender Based Violence (UNJPGBV) under Women Rights and Gender Equality in line with donor guidelines and organization’s strategic plan (CSP).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with the cluster coordinator and the project coordinator to ensure timely planning implementation and reporting of the project activities in line with the project guidelines
- Support and resolve any obstacle to delivery of project activities in liaison with the project coordinator and the program coordinator of the project area
- Support to ensure high quality monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the project activities in line with the project and Action Aid’s guidelines
- Work closely with cluster coordinator and project coordinator to produce quality quarterly, bi annual and annual reports
- Actively participate in designing and Collating quality learning from the project and communicate widely internally and externally for shared learning
- Support in the GBV data entry (NGBV and MIS) adequately
- Support in representing AAU at relevant district level meetings and UNFPA meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Social Work, Education or any other relevant field from a recognized university
- Previous experience in implementing Gender Based Violence interventions will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of relevant working experience preferably in NGO sector
- Knowledge of SASA Approach is an added advantage.
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Strong community mobilization skills
- Networking and coalition building
- Critical report writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with standards for Gender Based Violence,
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Human Rights violations and redress mechanisms.
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of Microsoft programmes (Word, excel , MS outlook and use of internet
- Motor Cycle riding skills is a must.
- Good Knowledge of local Languages especially context and culture of Katakwi is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver their applications or send via email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org clearly addressed to:
The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness,
Plot number 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University,
P.O. Box 676 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 5th July, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline