Job Title: Project Officer Advocacy
Organization: Naguru Teenage Information and Health Centre (NTIHC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Advocacy Manager
Naguru Teenage Information and Health Centre (NTIHC) is the pioneer program in providing youth friendly Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH) services in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Project Officer Advocacy will offer sound advice and services in dealing with substantive matters concerning advocacy. The jobholder will also develop and implement creative approaches to major advocacy and communications campaigns and ensures effective design and delivery of information products in accordance with overall objectives and policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the advocacy manager in designing, planning and implementing advocacy strategy and campaigns for Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Represent NTIHC on RH related technical issues in national health sector fora, including participation in various technical working groups and relevant interagency task teams.
- Oversees organizing media outreach; arranges all media contacts, press briefings, and interviews; provides talking points and other materials as needed for senior staff; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively in consultation with the head of department.
- Formulates strategic partnerships with key constituencies to elicit support for and maximize impact of promotional objectives for Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Prepare and communicate relevant information for evidence -based advocacy, including documentation and sharing of lessons learnt, from implementation of projects at national and below - national level, to guide scale up of effective SRH interven¬tions.
- Contribute to high-level sector advocacy initiatives, and stimulate the participation of national partners and networks.
- Travel as appropriate in support of the advocacy and research objectives.
- Support advocacy efforts and influence government and non - governmental counterparts (including UN agencies and bilateral organizations) to advance ASRHR agenda
- Provides technical advice and expertise to Advocacy Manager and other staff on a range of advocacy issues, methods, and approaches.
- Keep tabs on ASRH research and use the channels of advocacy to facilitate the process of lobbying for policy making/change.
- Write periodic reports regarding advocacy activities Evaluates results and impact of advocacy activities; reports on developments, trends and attitudes regarding advocacy work.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Advocacy manager in line with project scope of work
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelors’ degree in Mass Communication, social work and social administration, development studies or related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience in developing and implementing advocacy and communications work
- Excellent communication skills
- Strength of personal values and character
- Hard work orientation
- Good team player.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications addressed to the following address with detailed CVs and cover letters with three professional referees and their day time contacts, copies of certified certificates and testimonials and day time telephone contacts.
The Program Director,
Naguru Teenage Information and Health Centre,
P.O. Box 27572 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline