Job Title: Project Assistant Accountant
Organisation: Forum for African Women Educationalists – Uganda Chapter (FAWEU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWEU) is an international non-governmental organisation which was launched in February 1997 as part of a bigger network of 34 National Chapters across Africa with a primary aim of addressing gender disparities in education that were manifested through low rates of access to education, retention, performance and completion of girls starting from upper primary school through secondary up to higher education levels. FAWE Uganda has secured funding from Plan-CEDAW for a new project to be implemented in Eastern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant Accountant will support the Plan-CEDAW project in Cash management, bookkeeping and financial records management, data management, audit process and process accounting on all financial matters. The incumbent will also support in internal control management with the aim of achieving the project set objectives. The roles will be performed in line with the established FAWEU/Plan Financial Procedures, and the General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the post holder will ensure confidentiality in and when handling all matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cash management, accounting, budget control, accountability, and program support.
- Financial implementation of Plan-CEDAW Project towards ensuing value for money for all expenses in the Project.
- Process payments and receipts for all projects under your management.
- In charge of record keeping of all financial transactions for Plan-CEDAW project.
- Follow-up on advances and timely retiring of all accountabilities in the database under the CEDAW project for timely reporting.
- Observe and implement cash management policies and guidelines in the Agreement with the donor.
- Maintaining high standard of transparency, stewardship and accountability for all resources entrusted to you.
- Accuracy as a requirement in all financial information s for the project under your management.
- Ensure confidentiality in handling financial matters
- Conduct timely monthly bank reconciliations for the project and other financial reporting as scheduled.
- Participate in preparation of annual financial statements for Plan and external audits.
- Provide financial support in the planning, budgeting, and implementation of Plan-CEDAW project activities in accordance with FAWEU and Plan’s guidelines and government regulations.
- Perform any other related duties which will be assigned on day to day operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possibly hold a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting option), Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Business Administration.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position/accounting with an international or local NGO.
- Strong/good team player.
- Practical advanced Computer skills ((Knowledge in Quick books and other Finance packages) is a must
- Good customer care skills.
- Must be highly reliable and independent, able to work with minimal supervision under pressure.
- Previous experience in working with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO)
- Dynamic, proactive, multi taker, and result-oriented.
- Ability to understand organizational programming.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- High standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Ail suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications including updated curriculum vita and copies of relevant documents to;
The Executive Director FAWE Uganda Chapter, P.O. Box 24117 Kampala. Uganda
Hand deliver your applications to their office on Plot 328 Magulu Close in Bukoto
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th July 2016 by 4 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline