Job Title: Legal Research Assistant
Organization: Okalang Law Chambers (OLC)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Okalang Law Chambers (OLC) is one of the most distinguished law firms in Uganda. It was started in Jinja and its growth in clientele, size, reputation and experience has since seen it open up a fully functional branch in Kampala to better serve its diverse and fast growing clientele. Clients who find themselves or have instructions to be carried out in either Eastern or Central Uganda can easily reach us and have their instructions executed at either branch. Okalang Law Chambers carries out legal services as a firm of Advocates, Solicitors, Legal Consultants, Legal Investment and Tax Consultants, Commissioners for Oaths, Trademark and Patent Agents, Receivers, Liquidators, General insolvency practitioners and Company secretaries.
Job Summary: The Legal Research Assistant will be developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; drafting legal documents, tracking cases, liasing with different Government Registries, e.g. Lands Registry & Company Registry and making legal memorandums.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing responses, generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed & communicating case progress.
- Making legal memorandums
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
- Works closely with different Government Registries, e.g. Lands Registry & Company Registry
- Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses and performing other lawful related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Legal Research Assistant should hold a University degree in law and P.G.D in law (L.D.C) is added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of legal research, record keeping, land and company transactions
- Organizational and strong drafting skills
- Resourcefulness, initiative and maturity of judgment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent working knowledge of English (written and oral comprehension) is required
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Computer proficiency with good knowledge of Microsoft programs.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their application letter, resume & academic credentials via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 6:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline