Job Title: Area Health Coordinator
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Uganda
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out monthly CHP refreshers at branch level, and any other training as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure zero shortages of payment and no short deposit at all branches at all times.
- Supervise and monitor program activities of Project Assistants and CHWs for all branches in that particular area
- The jobholder will visit CHWs within their communities, supervise health forums with Project Assistants and CHWs, conduct household visits, and ANCs/PNCs together with the PAH.
- Visit branch offices on regular basis and ensure all registers and stock/store and health accounts are updated (maintained [properly)
- Strongly practice and maintain (uphold/ conduct) organizational values and objectivity in all activities and ensure other team members are adhering to it through their activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Area Health Coordinator should hold a BSc. in Nursing.
- One year of related work experience.
- Possess sufficient knowledge and skills pertaining to working in the field.
- Ability to motivate others and inspire trust among team members and CHPs/PAs.
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Exhibit a passion for teaching and demonstrates respects and values for community based CHWs.
- Good computer skills (MS office proficiency)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 15th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline