Job Title: Fraud Operations Manager
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Fraud Operations Manager will proactively manage fraud risk within the Global Retail & Commercial Banking by implementing & embedding the Group Fraud Risk Control Framework and policies, managing fraud losses within the budgets / appetite, ensuring fraud reporting standards are complied with; development of fraud risk capability in fraud management & investigations and pro-actively incept/lead fraud reduction, training & prevention initiatives across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a central team in the identification, measurement, control and management of Fraud Risk
- Accountable for leading Fraud Risk Management resources in reducing loss to fraud Will provide strategic input on proposition and product design across the business cases, case review, management presentation and control investment.
- Operate a Programme of Fraud reduction thereby facilitating the development and implementation of appropriate fraud prevention initiatives including the identification and redressing of control deficiencies and testing of controls on an ad –hoc basis.
- Develop relationships with Law Enforcement and Government agencies to obtain intelligence, insight, early warning contacts to assist in loss mitigation during fraud investigations.
- Develop training and fraud awareness courses, workshops, brochures and other material to alert employees as to compliance with the Bank’s policy on fraud prevention.
- Develop/enhance reporting of Fraud through development of Fraud Risk Profiles, Key Risk Indicators, ‘Hot Spots’, Key Initiatives, Compliance monitoring, etc.
- Work with Business to drive down actual and potential fraud losses. The country/business fraud operations manager must work closely with manager from other functions to manage fraud, for example:
- Business or product managers who evaluate the financial impact of product features, terms and conditions that may increase fraud vulnerability.
- Compliance officers who may be responsible for establishing and monitoring financial/process controls.
- Barclays investigative services (BIS) managers.
- Business information security office managers responsible for information security.
- Credit risk managers, to help reduce application fraud committed by legitimate customers who commit fraud with no intention to pay.
- Operations managers responsible for implementing policies, processes and standards.
- Internal audits, who may be responsible for process sampling to determine adherence to policies and procedures.
- Any other areas that provide fraud fighting capabilities (e.g. credit underwriting, authorization, and branch network).
- The country/business fraud operations manager must coordinate the efforts of all functions that contribute to fraud management to ensure the following:
- Fraud management strategy developed for the business is effective and correctly implemented.
- Fraud management functions are adequately staffed.
- Results are accurately reported.
- Timely, revisions / modifications in strategies, processes, fraud management controls, and tools are made in response to change in fraud patterns.
- In addition, the country/business fraud manager should:
- Represent the bank in fraud forums.
- Develop and implement capacity methods.
- Close monitoring of fraud customers to identify any new fraud trend.
- Preparing unit reports.
- Analyze the procedures and control.
- Review and approved all fraud risk aspect of the product program.
- Hire, train, develop and manage fraud risk staff.
- Develop executive MIS to effectively and proactively manage fraud risk management unit.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of control processes (e.g. embossing, internal & external)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Fraud Operations Manager career opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree or related Fraud – Supervisory experience
- A minimum of four years Operational experience preferred
- At least three to four years Fraud industry knowledge and experience, preferably in a retail banking role
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Leadership skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Creative & practical execution of high level concepts
- Working knowledge of risk management disciplines and processes
- Has good understanding of fraud types within the financial services sector, especially in country and market trends
- An understanding of Fraud prevention tools/techniques that are currently used within the fraud industry
- Experience of working in a multinational, multi-segment, environment with matrix reporting
- Fraud management – Portfolio Management Practices
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the compliance/regulatory environment
- Previous experience in Card Fraud Monitoring
- Experience in Visa operating standards in relation to Fraud.
- Assessment of account performance
- Decisions or recommendations concerning non-performing accounts
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Financial Crime Governance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Fraud techniques including advances fraud, plastics and transaction fraud
- Counterfeiting Risk Management
- Online fraud threats and controls
- Strategic agendas and business direction and creative problem solving
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline