Job Title: Finance Officer - Customer Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Number: 14000Q0E
Unilever is an Anglo–Dutch multinational consumer goods company co-headquartered in London, England and Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Its products include food, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products. It is the world’s third-largest consumer goods company measured by 2012 revenue, after Procter & Gamble and Nestlé. One of the oldest multinational companies, its products are available in around 190 countries. Unilever celebrated its 86th anniversary year of business in 2015.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer - Customer Development will ensure CD finance transactional aspects are executed in full and on time both for Sales ledger and Debtors ledger.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of reviewing Sales and Debtors ledger
- Manage the Operational control and audit aspects of the CD Finance
- Maintain accurate overviews of all Customers Trade Terms and ensure that customer finance transactions teams have appropriate accruals for all off-invoice terms
- Support the CD team during the annual customer TTS negotiations, providing financial support and guidance ensuring that AP commitments are met.
- Ensure month end operations/closure is carried out smoothly and be the lead for CD finance in ensuring the end month tasks are delivered on time.
- Implement/Execute the CD finance lead projects i.e. Credit note automation, USD Invoicing.
- Supervise and develop WL 1 staff reporting to him/her and ensure their work is delivered on time and in full.
- Takes responsibility of own development
- Suspends, pending closure, customer accounts in the event of non-payment.
- Authorises re-opening of accounts hitherto closed for payment issues.
- Charges interests on all overdue accounts and ensures collection of both principal amount and interest before customer account is re-opened for trade.
- Intercepts some customer orders to protect credit extensions, e.g. where a defaulting customer attempts to buy on cash before settling account debt.
- Freezes upward credit limit reviews for habitually defaulting customers.
- Sets the time, in line with the month-end time-table, for system closure (SAP).
- Regularly respond to audit issues and implement corrective measures on actions highlighted in all audit reports.
- Initiates legal hand-over of defaulting customers.
- Advise other Leadership team members on company finance issues to improve on company financial decisions.
- Ensure OCA is done and issues arising are remediated.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Unilever Finance Officer - Customer Development job placement should hold a University Degree in Accounting or related field from a reputable institution
- At least three to four years’ experience in accounting job is required
- Previous management/ financial accounting experience in an FMCG business.
- Previous experience in a multinational company will be ideal.
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge and practical experience in the application of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word tools.
- Good knowledge/hands on of an ERP system- SAP.
- Accounting graduate & Chartered Accountant.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to Apply Only by clicking on the web link below.
Deadline: 16th July 2016 by 11:59 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline