Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
VA No.: TASO-2016-HR/5
REF: TS/HR/PM-CD 08
Reports to: Project Coordinator- Grants Management Unit
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will ensure that the Project’s financial resources are adequate, well managed and properly utilized and accounted for during the implementation of the planned activities according to the set procedures and guidelines of MOFPED and Global Fund.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will facilitate and co-ordinate development and maintenance of a sound financial management system for the Project.
- Ensure total adherence to the system by all finance and accounts personnel at various levels, and by users of financial resources
- Actively contribute to the periodic updating and review of the effectiveness of internal control systems
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the budgets and ensure that the Project exercises budgetary control
- Approve expenditures up to the prescribed limits, and in accordance with existing policies and regulations
- The incumbent will develop or adopt the appropriate budgetary performance reports/return formats, and ensure that they are applied by the relevant staff.
- Provide technical advice to management and prescribe feasible solutions whenever need arises
- Efficiently and effectively manage the Project’s financial resources in conformity with the financial and accounting policies and regulations
- Contribute to the Project’s strategic planning process by providing necessary inputs in areas of expertise and responsibility
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of statutory financial returns and related financial management reports.
- Ensure satisfactory liquidity management of the Project by taking appropriate actions
- The jobholder will ensure timely submission of financial statements/returns and avail all records to internal and external auditors
- Ensure the provision of timely and satisfactory responses to all auditors’ queries and/or comments.
- Provide effective leadership to subordinates, and ensure teamwork among them
- Identify and address weaknesses in the financial management practices of Global Fund sub recipient.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Master’s Degree in Finance and Accounts or Masters in Business Administration or Full professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA
- At least eight years’ work experience in Finance, Accounting or Auditing, 4 of which should have been at senior managerial levels in similar Projects
- Broad knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures
- Working knowledge of Healthcare related work preferably HIV
- Working knowledge of Global Fund Financial Management and Accounting principles
- Good planning, budgeting, reporting and auditing skills
- Excellent management and administrative skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in accounting software e.g. Navision
- Strong integrity
- High degree of honesty and confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees.
All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443,
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
OR Apply Online -> Click Here
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline