Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Chief of Finance and Operations
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
WEI/Bantwana Initiative is a Non-Governmental Organization that helps families and children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will provide leadership and guidance in the management of all financial activities and partner grants of the Bantwana Initiative of World Education (WEI/B) Uganda, to ensure appropriate spending in accordance with partnership agreements and grant regulations/guidelines and WEI/B policies and Guidelines. The incumbent will also be responsible for budget development and management, Grants Management, financial accounting and reporting, oversee financial operations and administrative processes, support financial review and assessment of potential grantees and review grants invoices and accountability, provide capacity building activities related to financial tasks of grantees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will oversee budget processes within the in country team relating to work plans, annual forecasts, realignments and all other budgeting processes.
- Keenly monitor budget spending and conduct financial analysis related to project expenditures, financial obligations, and other financial activity.
- Support financial assessment of grantees and conduct capacity building activities related to grantee financial tasks.
- The jobholder will monitor all grantees to ensure proper implementation of sub-grant activities
- Manage the grant close out and modifications procedures.
- Provide administrative and financial management of the Bantwana Uganda Country Programme and ensure a strong internal control environment is established and maintained in accordance with WEI / Bantwana finance policies and procedures and respective Donor policies;
- Manage month end close out processes including review of financial transactions entered into QuickBooks to ensure quality, timely recording and submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations, funding requests to Home Office;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports for the program.
- Coordinate with Home Office team to provide field inputs to all financial reports, including: accruals reports, quarterly reports, work plans, annual reports and any other reporting needs.
- Managing both employee and vendor advances as per WEI policies and procedures;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a first degree in Accounting;
- Professional accounting qualification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience working on large project and familiarity with US government funded projects such as USAID and USDOL.
- Previous exposure and experience with QuickBooks accounting package.
- Possess a high standard of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building
- High level of attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks
- Previous experience in handling project start and close-out activities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th July, 2016 by 1:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline