Job Title: Finance Director
Duty Station: Kampala and Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Eskom Uganda Limited is a subsidiary company of Eskom Enterprises based in South Africa. Our business is operating and maintaining Nalubaale and Kiira hydroelectric Power Stations. Their mission is to be the “Centre of Excellence in Power Concession Management.”
Job Summary: The Finance Director will actively contribute to the attainment of the company's business objectives by providing strategic direction in the areas of finance, and procurement as well as oversee the development of necessary policies and procedures to ensure standardization in these areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Significantly contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by providing advice and guidance on strategy
- Initiate the development of strategies that will support the achievement of organizational mission, core values and business objectives
- Provide ongoing advice to Management, Audit & Risk Committee and the Board on all financial issues.
- In charge of the management of identified and developed processes and strategies to facilitate the effective preparation of financial statements in terms of IFRS throughout Eskom Uganda Ltd
- Engage with Eskom Uganda contractual stakeholders
- Identify and manage all key stakeholders for the finance and procurement processes
- Continuously communicate with stakeholders to improve Eskom image
- Confirm reporting in compliance with relevant IFRS
- Co-ordinate timely preparation of accurate annual financial statement.
- Work closely with external auditors and arrange for timely review of the financial statements.
- Coordinate Eskom Uganda’s Internal and external Annual Audit Plan
- Initiate the development and implementation of Procurement & Finance policies and procedures and strategies to ensure standardisation and transparency.
- Co-ordinate the identification and management of key contractual, legislative and other process peculiar risks to Finance and Procurement
- Develop and implement an internal review programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial, contractual and legal obligations.
- Regularly monitor the performance of finance and procurement managers and provide continuous guidance to help them meet their expected performance
- Manage the development, implementation and monitoring of organisation’s annual budget
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the company's managers and staff to enable them achieve their objectives.
- Direct the development and implementation of Finance process, procurement process and individual compacts as per the business objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting
- Professional Qualification in Accounting is a Must
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial/ Director position
- Two years’ experience of interaction with the Board.
- Knowledge of Finance Accounting practices and Systems.
- Establishing strategic Direction
- Selling the Vision
- Financial Acumen
- Business Savvy
- Operational Decision Making
- Cultivating Networks
- Compelling Communication
- Leading Teams
- Driving Execution
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their application letters, copies of academic certificates and updated CVs including three professional referees to;
The Human Resources Manager,
Eskom Uganda Limited (EUL),
Nalubaale Power Station,
P.O. Box 942, Jinja, Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 7th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline