Job Title: Finance and Procurement Officer
Organisation: People Performance Group (PPG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
People Performance Group is a leading human resource consultancy firm which provides expert advice in outsourcing and manpower services, facility and fleet management, recruitment processes, salary surveys, payroll services and staff development e.g. in team building, training, board assessment, performance management and other Human resource procedures. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, an international NGO working in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance and Procurement Officer actively contributes to the efficient and effective financial, procurement, IT and administrative management of the main office in Kampala, with a particular responsibility for the financial management of projects and the management of the procurement and logistics needs of the project portfolio. 60% of the job will be within finances, 20% on procurement and logistics and 20% will be field monitoring, IT and administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of budgeting, financial quality assurance and monitoring and reporting of expenditures of projects.
- Prepare monthly updates, with brief analysis, on project budgets.
- Assist the Project Coordinators in developing budgets for proposals.
- Assist in ensuring all office financial tasks (project and office budget/operations) are completed/ accurately managed in agreement with the Finance Manager.
- Ensure that the Finance and Admin Manual rules and guidelines are followed.
- Conduct due diligence of partners, and train and build capacity of partners.
- Keep updated on special donor financial requirements.
2. Procurement and Logistics:
- Ensure professional implementation e.g. through frequent and in-depth monitoring visits, of procurement and logistics activities according to the Procurement and Logistics Manual
- Support implementing partners in developing procurement plans
- Provide procurement advice & backstopping support to partners and other relevant stakeholders, and prior to finalization of concept notes and full applications to donors
- Train and build capacity of partners and other relevant stakeholders in the Procurement and Logistics Manual and donor rules
- Take charge of all office procurement needs as well as disposal of assets
- Ensure state of the art fleet management for all vehicles, and provide monthly analysis on fleet management (fuel consumption; cost of repairs, etc.)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a BCom Accounting, BBA Accounting, with a qualification or active knowledge in Procurement; and a CPA or ACCA accreditation.
- A minimum of four years’ experience working with an INGO
- Proven capacity to prioritize tasks, plan and organize your own efforts to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experience in working with a partner based approach.
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters to the address below with the subject line “Finance and Procurement Officer.” Attachments must not fill more than 2 MB.
People Performance Group,
Plot 8 Kitante Close,
P.O. Box 12405 Kampala. Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline