Organisation: Right To Play
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Business Administration Manager (FBAM)
Right To Play is a global organization, using the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through playing sports and games, Right To Play helps over one million children learn through play to create better futures, while operating in more than 20 countries each week. Founded in 2000 by social entrepreneur and four-time Olympic gold medalist Johann Olav Koss, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has national fundraising offices in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Regional offices are in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Our programs are facilitated by more than 600 international staff and 14,400 local volunteer Coaches.
Job Summary: The Finance and Business Analyst is responsible for the proper implementation of financial procedures in all Africa Right To Play programs operations including Uganda, Burundi, Tanzania, Ethiopia Mozambique, Ghana, Mali, Liberia, Benin & Rwanda. The incumbent is working with the respective Country Finance Officers (FOs) to ensure budgeting, accounting, over all compliances to procedures and Polices. S/he ensures regular account and budget analysis and ensures RTP Africa wide books are closed on time and financial reports from field are completed and accurate. He/she is responsible for preparing financial reports for management. S/he performs all balance sheet accounts analysis and reconciliation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial management, planning and budgeting:
- Keenly review and analyse yearly financial planning of countries and supports the program team in preparation of proposal and operational budgets and translation of the program activities into figures; supports the Program Manager (PM) liaising with Countries and partners in the process of budget reviews, analysis and templates.
- Ensures that all staff are aware of the financial accountabilities; communicates on financial expectations and provides constructive feedback on forecasts and expenditures; coordinates with FBAM and country officers to set a yearly activity plan for upgrading staff financial skills and capacity and leads the implementation; Follow up that all project staff are familiar with the roles and responsibilities in relation to financial management and accountability;
- Provide monthly analytical financial report and project cost reports against budget and alerts management team of necessary contractual or management actions based on that analysis and review. On a monthly basis, generate BvA and reports to the RD/FBAM with recommendations based upon complex business transactions; ensures respective Countries understands variance implications and how to respond to and manage them effectively. Identifies additional financial tracking and analysis tools as needed to support decision-making and on-going management review.
- Carries out analysis of the month and year-end financial statements and ledger accounts and reconciliation; arranges and ensures their compliance with RTP and donor requirements. Participates in the annual financial audit ensuring all supporting documents are available for auditors to review; responds to auditor's requests, as well as any internal or donor audits.
- Actively contribute to development of a system for monthly account analysis, quarterly grants’ analysis, funding framework monitoring, and deliver it to Country program to position them for an efficient and easy internal/external financial audit.
- Coordinates and develops monthly financial reports and grants control instruments for each country and regional office.
- Prepares and submits monthly financial reports for all countries, consolidates them for submission to HQ.
2. Internal Audit and Continues Process Improvement:
- Perform ad hoc and annual spot checks on countries financial management and compliance and report the findings
- Perform detailed account analysis, coordinate resolutions and recommend improvement; identify issues and trend analysis to ensure accuracy and timely clearing of receivables and liabilities.
- Timely review and analyse field office monthly financial reports (verifying the coding, arithmetical accuracy, documentation, authorization) and subsequent feedback to ensure timely submission to Region.
- Based on analysis and sound business judgement, provide advice on business process and changes that will result in operating efficiencies.
- Contribute in team-based effort to improve finical management systems to enhance to achievement of organizational objectives.
- Coordinate system and business process assessments to confirm or create efficient and effective controls
- Support FBAM to train finance and program staff on RTP financial policies and best practice financial management
3. Banking, payroll and accounting analysis:
- Tasked with analysing and supervising daily management of financial transactions and all cash disbursements; ensures that there are adequate controls over cash and bank holdings, performs monthly petty cash count; oversees routine banking services including collecting bank statements, making bank transfers depositing and withdrawing cash, preparing bank reconciliation statements at the end of the month.
- Monitors petty cash accounts including the spot checking of balances and payments.
- Reviews all bank reconciliation statements prepared by the FOs.
- Keenly review and analyse payroll and monitors salary advance reimbursements; stays abreast on the latest development in tax and other related laws in the countries; analyses and ensure RTP’s compliance with all Government statutory regulations including licensing payment of taxes and social security fund;
- Ensures that all related government returns and tax slips (Income tax, Social Security deductions, withholding tax etc…) are provided to the appropriate government officials/departments as per RTP’S obligations and requirements are submitted by their due dates.
- Reviews and consolidation of payroll sheets of all countries and submits to Regional HR Manager/Officer.
- Analyse financial transactions and prepare journal entries for accrual, prepayments, corrections and adjustments; and perform Monthly review of Countries balance sheet reconciliations schedules and preparing RO part.
4. Administrative and logistics functions:
- Reviews and analyses the supporting documents and compliance for all purchase requests received from Countries for VP’s approval and onwards submission to HQ
- Support FBAM oversees the Logistics functions to ensure compliance with RTP financial management and procurement procedures. Acts as a member of the procurement committee and verifies and analyse logistical transactions, where applicable.
5. Others: Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Right To Play Finance and Business Analyst job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related discipline.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role (multi-country) working in accounting, grants and budgets management and development.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to plan and implement work plan with minimum supervision
- Good networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability work with large data with attention to details
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and pressure
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to prepare concise and informative financial reports
- Excellent reporting skills
- Good professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in culturally diverse professional staff
- Good leadership and management skills
- Excellent MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Proven ability in using financial management software
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and knowledge of French is an asset
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested local and international candidates should send an updated resume and motivational letter to: UgandaHR@righttoplay.com and kindly include “Finance and Business Analyst” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the motivational letter and do not attach certificates at this point.
Deadline: 19th November 2016