Job Title: Field Assistant
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position Number: 10016827
Reports to: Field Officer
Vacancy Notice: 015/2016
Duty Station: Uganda
Post Grade: GL4
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The UNHCR Field Assistant performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor will exercise close control and regular review of the work processes and provides regular advice and guidance. The incumbent will keep frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Serve as an interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Work in close coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Key Performance Indicator: UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Field Assistant career placement should have completed Secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- At least three years’ previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications, under confidential cover to: Senior Admin/Finance Officer, UNHCR Representation in Uganda via E-mail quoting the above vacancy notice and position number: UGAKAHR@unhcr.org.
Deadline: 7th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline