Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kabalagala Branch, Uganda
Job ID: 18154
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Executive Banker will be in charging of delivering a responsive, pro-active, and proficient personal relationship banking service to a portfolio of executive banking customers in order to grow market share and retain existing business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Customer Service:
· Adhere to the service standards and provide excellent customer service.
· The Executive Banker will steer retention by implementing the customer on boarding process, customer visits, relationship management, and other various interventions.
· In charge of receiving and verifying customer documents for account opening, facilities, account amendments and any other customer instruction according to laid down procedures.
· Educate customers about the Bank's products and services.
· Fully inform customers of their rights and obligations per the Consumer Protection Guidelines including but not limited to product pricing, facilities terms & conditions and transactional fees.
· Receive and process loan documents and handle related queries according to agreed upon turn around times and laid down procedures.
· In charge of notifying customers regarding the approval/decline of credit loan facilities, keep customers informed throughout the process and advise the customer of alternative options in case of a decline
· Ensure compliance and adherence to the Sales High 5 standards
· Meet sales budgets and targets
· Take part in any sales campaigns and activations.
· Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers; and support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements.
· In charge of cross sell banking products to customers within the portfolio.
· Grow the portfolio balance sheet as per set targets
· Develop and execute a sales activity plan and client calling schedule in line with the Customer Value Proposition (activity schedules and call reports
3. Risk and Control:
· Adhere to the KYC policies and guidelines for both account opening and loan origination documents.
· Oversee all credit and operational risk in account opening and loan processing as per laid down procedures.
· Manage audit/risk parameters for the executive banking processes and resolve all audit/risk findings within the portfolio within agreed timeliness.
· Accountable for all facilities originated in the portfolio
· Actively monitor and action daily referrals/validation reports within set timelines
4. People Management:
· Agree performance contracts for the Executive banking Assistant and provide monthly performance feedback in order to maintain performance at required levels
· Coach/mentor and plan training interventions for the Executive Banking Assistant working with the Branch Sales Manager/Branch Manager.
· Hold front door keys as assigned from time to time for the Executive Banking Suite as per laid down procedures.
· Perform any other assigned duties by the Line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Executive Banker job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies or a related field from a recognized university
· A minimum of two years’ branch banking experience
· Prior customer service experience is mandatory
· Previous sales experience
· Working knowledge of Executive Banking value proposition
· Sound knowledge of bank products/services for the Executive customer
· Sound knowledge of the bank's policies and procedures relating to all areas under his/her control
· Detailed knowledge of Service standards
· Knowledge of the Core banking system
· Knowledge of the risk management and credit principles
· Good knowledge of bank policy regarding product criteria, pricing, charges and interest rates
· Familiarity with financial statements
· Working knowledge of competitor products and services
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 15th August, 2016