Job Title: Procurement Associate
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supply Chain Director
Jibu is a for-profit company that prioritizes impact-maximization. We integrate the resources and expertise of the private and public sector, incorporating best practices and new ideas from whomever is doing it best while, in turn, maintaining an open source environment where Jibu also shares ideas, successes and lessons learned. Our hybrid approach stimulates responsible economic growth and independence, while providing those in need with safe drinking water and other life-improving products.
Job Summary: The Procurement Associate will be responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to Jibu Corporate UG Ltd. The Procurement Associate promotes a collaborative, cost-conscious, and result-oriented approach.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Generate product/service requirements:
- Work with user departments to determine their procurement needs.
- Carry out market survey to identify potential vendors.
- Review purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy and assist with corrections as needed.
- Actively contribute to the development of evaluation criteria.
- Identify appropriate vendors for solicitation.
- Circulate solicitation documents and collect quotes from suppliers.
- Compile vendor questions, liaise with end users for all answers and communicate back to vendors.
- Collect samples when required.
Evaluate price and quality:
- Communicate technical criteria for evaluation to end users, highlighting strengths, weaknesses and deficiencies of different products or suppliers.
- Analyze vendors’ quotations.
- Negotiate prices and payment terms with suppliers.
Manage delivery and after-sale service:
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of products and services.
- Coordinate the inspection/acceptance process between end-user and vendor.
Manage all after-sale issues: Maintain comprehensive documentation of ALL stages of the procurement process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a certificate in Purchasing and Supply Management, MBA, (Preferred)
- Previous experience in procurement is an added advantage
- Excellent presentation and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to details and procedures
- Familiarity with Excel and ability to use emails
- Excellent English and Luganda language skills, additional languages are an asset
- Strong negotiating skills
- Curiosity and resourcefulness
- Willingness to travel extensively within Kampala.
How to Apply:
All applicants who wish to join Jibu in the aforementioned entry-level capacity should send an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline