Job Title: IT Infrastructure Support Officer
Organisation: Living Goods (LG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Technology & Innovation Manager
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Job Summary: The IT Infrastructure Support Officer will ensure the efficient and continuous availability and utility of the LG Android Application, Branch IT Infrastructure and software environments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the physical and software infrastructure keeps up with the needs of the business.
- Ensure optimal delivery of services over the network and the rectification of system failures.
- The incumbent will implement the delivery of network connections to various locations in branch offices and continuous monitoring of the entire network.
- Maintain centralized documentation of all network system changes and inventory of all such systems.
- In charge of the maintenance of the infrastructure including but not limited to hardware, software updates and cabling.
- Implement regular backup of critical systems and maintain logs/documentation on the same
- Implementation of new technology projects and switch infrastructure enhancements.
- Perform security tests and audits with reports.
- Offer timely IT Support for branches with regards to account setup, connectivity, personal computer setup and issue resolution (hardware and software).
- Keep a detailed record of branch systems and android issues for purposes of reference and implementing improvements.
- Support branch staff and Regional Field Managers at In-services and field visits.
- Support branch staff with monthly reporting by ensuring branch systems uptime.
- Carry out systems and applications training.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Network infrastructure availability
- Servers and applications infrastructure availability
- Timeliness of disaster recovery in the event of disaster
- Security breach detection time/security failure repair time
- Timely completion and sign-off of projects
- Timely closure of incidents and fast resolution of issues.
- Elimination of errors and/or rework during project execution
- Availability and viability of branch backups
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the IT Infrastructure Support Officer job placement must hold a BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Professional IT certifications i.e. CCNA/Comptia A+/Comptia Network+ or related
- At least two years’ work experience in information technology. A minimum of one year in a similar position.
- Solid training experience, e.g., Training of Trainers, QuickBooks POS Training, Android Application
- Previous experience with system monitoring and benchmarking
- Customer Care experience
- Knowledge of wireless systems and data communications,
- Good research skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Android operating system
- Microsoft Windows OS Administration and Operating systems proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel across the country for extended periods
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline