Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Admissions & Records
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Directorate of Admissions & Student Records
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of organizing and maintaining files and records.
- Preparing files for admitted students and applicants.
- Responsible for receiving and directing visitors
- Managing and conducting various day to day administrative functions.
- Keeping track of and ensuring that all admission related documents are properly filed or easily located if requested for review by authorized staff members.
- Offer support in stock-taking of admission material and preparation of requisitions when reorders are required for items such as admission packets, inquiry packets, pass books, policy pamphlets etc.
- Actively participate in admission office activities such as registration and outreach efforts as needed.
- Receive and make phone calls to applicants, students and other clients as instructed.
- Assist with the distribution of admission packets to applicants during peak days.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Manager Admissions & Records.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU Administrative Assistant job placement must hold a good Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning. A business related degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of working experience in a busy office environment.
- Previous experience working with student records and admission related matters will be an added advantage.
- Possess good computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Internet).
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors.
- Impeccable level of integrity with an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work beyond regular working hours during peak periods.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Highly self-motivated
- Must be a Committed Christian.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline