Job Title: Electrician/Driver
Organisation: UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Assistant
The UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program (the Program), founded in 2001, is a not for profit organization with offices and research facilities based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe. The Program’s main activities are conducting research, building capacity and providing advocacy for HIV/AIDS vaccine as well as molecular and epidemiological work toward HIV prevention. The Program is mainly funded by the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), USA but also receives funding from other donors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Guide management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Drive UVRI-IAVI vehicles for the transportation of authorized passengers and delivery and collection of mail documents
- Perform day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles and ensure that UVRI-IAVI vehicles are road worthy maintained up to established security standards and kept clean.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should preferably hold a Diploma in Electric Engineering or its equivalent with minimum of “O” level certificate/ technical or commercial school
- At least three years’ experience in both electric mechanics and driving work with a reputable research Organisation
- Valid driving permit with minimum driving class of CM and B, knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours if requested and personable and start work immediately
- Good knowledge of English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons are encouraged to send hand written cover letters along with copies of academic certificates, Curriculum Vitae, day-time telephone contact numbers and names of two professional referees to:
UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program Ltd,
P.O. Box 49, Entebbe, Uganda.
Send electronic copies via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 5th August 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline