Job Title: Dissemination Officer
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator Organisation Development & Volunteer Management
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Dissemination Officer will review and implement the URCS dissemination strategy and coordinate a range of dissemination and communication tools (including lessons-learned, success stories, policy briefs, ‘brown-bag’ events and national and district-level end-of-project events.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the dissemination program and implement and refine the membership recruitment and dissemination strategy to deepen the use of dissemination amongst URCS members.
- Oversee the development and promotion of toolkits and other promotional material for URCS Branches for outreach on dissemination and membership recruitment to agreed stakeholders e.g. schools, universities etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor the youth and volunteer membership management schemes in line with the department’s mission.
- Develop and implement the recruitment and retention plan for youth, volunteers and members.
- Providing support to branches to identify and prepare youth and volunteer programmes.
- Take lead in outreach and dissemination initiatives at the URCS head office and build the interest and understanding of IHL as well as the URCS and IFRC principles
- Manage the mobilization, implementation of Dissemination programs, and accounting for donor resources.
- Identify, engage and develop institutional partnership (e.g law schools, universities etc.) relevant to the implementation of dissemination programs.
- Lead and coordinate legal research and analysis of new developments to IHL and share changes in practices and developments with relevant stakeholders (URCS)
- Develop tools and mechanisms to conduct dissemination and IHL initiatives as well as monitoring adherence to set dissemination standards and operating procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor in Law or Mass communication or any another related discipline.
- Possession of a Post-graduate qualification in Project Planning and Management is desirable.
- Masters’ Degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs or Public Policy is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the related field.
- Good knowledge of International Humanitarian Law
- Broad knowledge of Programme Development
- Good planning and budgeting skills
- Good resource mobilization skills
- Good knowledge of the development of IEC materials
- Broad knowledge in policy research and advocacy
- Good documentation, information management, and reporting skills
- Institutional capacity assessment & development
- Public relations/Public speaking
- Excellent communication (effective spoken presentation and written reporting abilities)
- Networking & Stakeholder management
- Good analytical skills
- Training and development
- Knowledge management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 1st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline