Job Title: Director of Finance
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor Finance & Administration
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Director of Finance will lead the Directorate of Finance and work as part of the team of Senior Executives of the University under minimum or no supervision. He / she is in charge of all University and Constituent Colleges’ Finances.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare weekly financial reports, and bi-monthly and annual Financial Management Reports for the Vice Chancellor.
- Oversight and training of all staff in the Directorate of Finance.
- Supervision of all University accounts and preparing quarterly and annual reports for the Finance Board and the Council.
- Ensure timely preparation of the Annual Accounts Report for the External Auditors, to have them approved by the Finance board and the University Council.
- Work closely with the Vice Chancellor to prepare the annual Business Plan and attendant Budgets for UCU and the Constituent Colleges.
- Guiding the UCU Administration on financial matters.
- Regular review and update of the Financial Manual, and adherence to the Manual.
- Maintain an up-to-date Fixed Assets Register.
- In charge of reviewing management accounts and explaining them to Management and the Finance Board.
- Review and address all Audit Report recommendations.
- Apply with dexterity the signature mandates to all University Bank Accounts and other financial documents and personally be responsible for their reconciliation;
- Supervising the Bursar(s) of Constituent Colleges(s).
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Vice Chancellor Finance & Administration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU Director of Finance job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting or in a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Professional qualification in the field of Accounting such as ACCA/CPA.
- At least five years of experience at a senior level in a similar organization/institution.
- Knowledge of Government/other Regulatory Laws, Policies and Procedures both Local and International regarding institutional financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle Donor funds, requirements and meeting the agreed Standards.
- The applicant must also be proficient in using personal computer applications, such as Excel, Pastel.
- Accounting and/or similar software with ability to integrate such system.
- Ability to motivate the team of people s/he will lead.
- Should have the ability to manage tight deadlines and foster a cooperative work environment
- Should have excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- The applicant must be a dynamic, self-driven and seasoned individual with excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Must be a committed and practicing Christian.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 22nd July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline