Job Title: Data Management Supervisor
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Data Management Coordinator
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Data Management Supervisor is mainly responsible for the provision of technical support and direction in the area of data management for Mildmay Uganda supported facilities to ensure establishment and maintenance of quality data management systems that support delivery of quality data for programming, research and decision making
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality data is collected from Mildmay Uganda supported Health centres for monitoring performance, enhance decision making and accountability
- Offer support to the district HMIS teams to analyse and use data collected to support decision making and performance monitoring
- Support Mildmay Uganda Mainsite teams to aggregate and use data collected to support decision making and monitoring performance
- Ensure quality data is collected and stored electronically at Mildmay Uganda Main site for monitoring performance, enhance decision making and accountability
- Actively participate in Data Management team working activities to enhance team work within the department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor of Statistics, Computer Science, Demography, QE, Information Technology OR Social sciences, Development Studies, Arts with a postgraduate training in statistics, QE, Information technology, Database Administration or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Data Management
- Previous experience in use of data analysis packages like SPSS, STATA, Epi-Info (including analysis in
- MS Excel)
- Knowledge in use of Relational Data Management systems
- Previous experience in managing manual medical records
- Working knowledge of National Health Management information systems(HMIS) and OVC MIS
- Knowledge in quality assurance practices
- Excellent communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to transform ideas and implement appropriate solutions in the organisation
- Good analysing skills and ability to tackle critical situations
- Ability to maintain constructive work relationships with employees of all departments
- Leadership qualities
- Good report writing skills
- The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of whom should be a former employer).
Deadline: 25th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline