Job Title: Customer Care Team leader - Collections Team
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Lubowa, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Operations Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Customer Care Team leader - Collections Team will directly give supervisory support to the Education and collections team. The jobholder will oversee all activities around customer education and collection /payments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide positive leadership, guidance, coaching and mentoring to the Education and Collection teams.
- The incumbent will design and continuously align performance metrics and processes of the Education and Collections teams with the overall business credit KPIs.
- Provide regular updates to management on team performance, current activities and key customers issues.
- Analyze daily and weekly and monthly collections reports and come up with ideas on how to improve credit performance. Also benchmark and implement best practices.
- Initiate or take lead on collection campaigns to ensure that the business achieves the desired impact on its credit performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree of any discipline from a recognized University
- One year of supervisory experience/managing teams
- Track record of effective credit management
- Customer focused
- Excellent leadership capabilities
- Excellent Influencing skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS Office
- Demonstrate high level of integrity, work ethics, and a proactive and positive attitude.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Communication skills, along with personal tenacity and the ability to drive things through to conclusion in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- A full understanding of M-KOPA products and services provided is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: email@example.com addressed to with the subject “Customer Care Team Leader” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 15th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline