Job Title: Credit Manager
Organisation: KCB Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Credit
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa's largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda's top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Credit Manager will be responsible for managing lending risk for KCB Bank Uganda corporate, mortgage, SME and personal loans book through analysis of credit applications in accordance with the Bank's credit policy, FIA guidelines and best practice to achieve quality growth in the asset book in line with the bank's strategic plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality assessment and prudent decisions on loan applications within lending discretionary limit and/or making recommendations to higher approving authority.
- Ensure compliance with target turnaround time and the agreed service level agreement (SLA),
- Provide leadership for the credit analysis team reporting to the Head of Credit in view of establishing and maintaining a high performing and motivated team.
- Provide prompt guidance, mentoring, coaching and support on aspects of credit to all credit teams across the branch network.
- To grow the good book whilst minimizing risk.
- Provide the lead technical support on development of new and reviewing existing credit products and credit appraisal tools.
- Identify training needs of credit teams in the Head Office and across the branch network through branch visits, spot checks and observations and recommend appropriate credit up-skilling.
- Support the Head of Credit on all credit related issues delegated.
- Appraise the performance of the credit analysts based on their Balanced Score Cards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a Business related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in banking with three years’ experience in Credit analysis
- One year in business or corporate banking.
- Computer skills, especially Credit Quest T24 navigation and Office Suite
- Candidate must have led a team.
- Credit Certification is an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Bank's credit processes and Policy;
- Knowledge of the Credit Quest application
- Excellent people skills/Team Player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good documentation and process management skills
- Excellent financial and business skills
- Good analytical skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications via E-mail to email@example.com
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline