Job Title: Country Business Development Manager
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Reports to: Regional Program Development Manager, East Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9124
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Country Business Development Manager is responsible for the exploration and development of new business for the MSH Country Office. The jobholder will proactively support or seek new business opportunities and will be responsible for the solicitation of funding and supporting the development of funding proposals. The Country Business Development Manager will ensure intelligence gathering at country level and share MSH impact with the donors. S/he is also responsible for the development and management of MSH partnerships with the private sector and will support project directors to identify cost share opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the development and implementation of the country’s business development strategy.
- Design practical strategies to mobilize resources in country through the private sector.
- The incumbent will pro-actively explore Corporate Social Responsibility partnerships and funding opportunities within the private sector in partnership with the Office of Global Partnership, Marketing and Communications.
- Coordinate and assist proposal teams on proposal development, strategic issues and positioning Intel.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with actual and potential donors and communicate and advocate for MSH capabilities.
- Track and analyze technical trends, donor news, and market data; gather intelligence on opportunities, competitors and funders.
- Provide monthly news brief on issues, opportunities, and the status of new business activities for the Country Representative, the Country Leadership Team, the Regional Program Development Manager, Senior Director Program Development and Strategy and the Senior Director of Country Presence.
- Maintain the SalesForce data base. Develop and maintain a list of actual and potential partners, competitors and donors.
- The incumbent will ensure that the Country Leadership Team is actively engaged in new business development and cognizant of donor trends and funding opportunities.
- Regularly liaise with projects leadership to identify and pursue funding opportunities to bridge critical program gaps and support operations research"
- Support the Country Representative to promote synergistic operations of MSH and implement the Country Strategic Roadmap.
- Support projects to raise cost share through identification of opportunities in the corporate sector and other non-USAID funded initiatives.
- Actively participate in workshops, conferences, meetings and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the new business sector.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned and mutually agreed with the Regional Program Development Manager and Country Representative.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Country Business Development Manager job placement should preferably hold a Master’s degree in business administration, public health, management, or equivalent degree with relevant experience.
- At least six years’ experience working in the development of complex proposals and managing donor relations.
- Significant experience in grants/contracts management and private sector engagement.
- Previous experience working with US government rules and regulations required.
- Previous experience and knowledge of regulations and policies for non-US donors such as DFID, UN, WB, EU, Gates, etc. preferred.
- Prior experience in presenting and communicating project/s and country impact.
- Knowledge of the country’s health sector of donor priorities.
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- English language skills required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline