Job Title: Consumer Segment Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Consumer Segments
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Consumer Segment Manager will primarily be responsible for acquisition, driving growth in usage behavior and retention within segment, development and implementation of segment specific market strategy, promotional plans and market specific events for defined segment ability to address market needs & commercial requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Briefing and management of production process for the defined segment (on time and within budget).
- Complete accountability of value proposition design and customer experience relating to product portfolio
- Prepare presentations for internal and external use (pre-launch, during and post)-GTM, Messaging journey
- Create segment specific CVM campaigns while leveraging existing tools like flytext, LCMS and campaign library
- Product value proposition evolution and life cycle management
- Constantly review the Segment marketing mix to ensure MTN remains competitive and achieves Business plan objectives
- Analyze the market environment and undertake annual, quarterly and monthly planning to ensure the effective implementation of the marketing mix (Price, Place, Promotion, Product and processes)
- In charge of the conceptualization and implementation of an end-to-end communication strategy which includes ATL (TV, cinema, print, radio and internet) and BTL elements (merchandise, collateral, POS, promotions and events).
- Create and maintain a dynamic and consistent positioning, image and presence within the segment for MTN (while conforming to MTN CI)
- Identify and understand the consumer decision making process within the segment
- Manage segment product portfolio to optimize revenue and profitability (Grow overall profitability of existing product offerings that appeal to the Segment )
- Monitor the local and international environment to identify new products and services opportunities which are relevant to the segment
- Provide relevant market insight to the overall segment strategy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree or 3 Year Diploma in Marketing/business related field
- A minimum of five years’ experience in marketing with experience managing or supervising others
- Telecommunication experience is an added advantage
- Professional certification in marketing (CIM) will be an added advantage
- Basic appreciation of the total telecom industry and trends
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer behavior
- Understanding of marketing and market research principles
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Dynamic and open outlook to life
- High levels of creativity & innovation
- Task orientated with attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills
- Good stakeholder engagement & management skills
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers)
Deadline: Tuesday, 19th July, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline