Job Title: Medical Doctor
Organisation: Mifumi Health Services
Funding Source: Comic Relief
Duty Station: Uganda
The MIFUMI Project is an international aid agency founded in 1989. Their mission is to reduce the burden of poverty by securing basic rights for people living in remote communities in Uganda (The MIFUMI Project, 2013). Mifumi Health Center (MHC), the only health center in Mifumi village, was set up by The MIFUMI Project and opened in 2001. The unit provides maternity services, including antenatal, delivery and postnatal care; primary health care and laboratory services, as well as health information and community outreach services. To date, MHC has attended to over 85,000 patients, mostly residents of Mifumi village. MHC is Mifumi Health Services (MHS) an autonomous division of MIFUMI.
About Comic Relief Project:
MIFUMI recently acquired a grant from Comic Relief to help secure healthier lives for the women and children of MHC catchment area through improved access to and quality of health services at MHC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of clinical services at MHC:
- The Medical Doctor will be responsible for the provision of clinical services to patients presenting at MHC that require the services of a Doctor.
- He incumbent will also coordinate service provision by any further doctors who may be commissioned to provide services at MHC on an ad-hoc basis.
- Services offered shall bear a strong focus on the project deliverables, that of securing healthier lives for the mothers and children of Mifumi village catchment area.
- Promotion of preventive health care: Work in close collaboration with the Programmes Manager, engage the community in preventive health care initiatives. This will involve strengthening relationships with established community structure including the Village Health Team (VHT) and the Village Savings Loans Associations (VSLA) to play their roles as catalysts of behavioral change by the community with respect to sensitivity to preventive health.
- Support the transition of MHC from HCIII to HCIV: Being at the center stage of clinical services, the Medical Doctor will contribute to the effort of transitioning MHC from a HCIII to an accredited HCIV. This will require working closely with MHS Management and any consultants that will be commissioned to support with this effort to come up with a clear roadmap / business plan for the transition and participate in its implementation at MHC over time.
- Provide strategic oversight at MHC and in the catchment area: The Medical Doctor is the Head of Mifumi Health Center and will as such provide strategic oversight, giving a sense of direction with respect to MHC initiatives to MHS Management and to MHC staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Medical Doctor job opportunity must be a qualified Medical Doctor with at least a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine
- A minimum of three years of experience practicing medicine
- Previous experience practicing medicine in rural settings and willingness to relocate to MHC
- Soft skills: Dependable, high integrity, team spirit, self-initiative, leadership among others.
- A command of the local language ‘adhola’ is desirable
- Conscious of human rights, especially the rights of women and children in society.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their E-mail applications including a cover letter, updated CV / resume and full academic credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline