Job Title: Clinical Officer
Organization: Children of Grace
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Children of Grace is an international not-for-profit Christian organization based in Jinja, Uganda with headquarters in the United States of America. Our mission is to demonstrate Christ’s love to children affected by poverty through education, healthcare, character development, and empowerment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts clinical activities which include medical history taking, physical exam, diagnosing, prescribing, counseling and ensures holistic care of patients.
- Examines and refers complicated cases for specialized medical management.
- Administers first aid in emergencies and refer as needed.
- Leads the implementation of quality health care and community health projects to our target groups in the community.
- Guides CoG families as well as members of our target groups on health and nutrition and refers CoG children, staff and beneficiaries for appropriate specialist consultation
- Clear and accurate documentation of medical records and programs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably be a female who holds a diploma in clinical medicine or public health from a recognized institution.
- Additional training and practice in health care management including HIV/AIDS and counseling will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of related work experience with NGO community and public health programs based at a well-established medical health facility/ project.
- Prior experience in public health work in the local communities of Uganda is desirable.
- Good knowledge and sound understanding of work practices of government and other health institutions and funding arrangements.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills
- Age: Between 27-35 years
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters enclosing a detailed CV, current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, a passport size photograph, phone contact, address. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Zahara@childrenofgrace.com
Deadline: 30th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline