Job Title: Chief Operations Manager
Organisation: Parliamentary Pension Scheme (PPS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chairperson, Board of Trustees
The Parliamentary Pension Scheme (PPS) was established by the Parliamentary Pensions Act 2007 as a Contributory Hybrid Cash Balance Retirement Benefit Plan for the Members of Parliament of Uganda and the staff of the Parliamentary Commission. The Scheme is managed by a Board of Trustees, constituted in accordance with the Act.
Job Summary: The Chief Operations Manager will ensure the efficient and effective supervision, coordination and implementation of corporate and strategic plans of the Parliamentary Pension Scheme operations in compliance with the law.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for PPS in accordance with the strategic plan, corporate budget and policies as approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare annual operational plans and budgets in line with the PPS Policies and Standards.
- The incumbent will develop a framework for monitoring and evaluation of PPS operations in compliance with the law and the Schemes’ Policies and Standards;
- Manage the administration of the Scheme including preparing Working Papers for Board of Trustees and its Committees;
- Manage the preparation, approval and implementation of the Scheme’s policies, investment and other Board of Trustee’s strategies with Fund Manager, Custodian, Members, Pensioners , Actuary and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate the process of PPS policy reviews and development in line with the set PPS guidelines and the law;
- Guide the Board of Trustees on the Proper management of the Scheme;
- Ensure that the Scheme operates effectively and meets performance quality and customer care targets and complies with best practice;
- Ensure regulatory compliance;
- Ensure up to date appropriate information services for Members, potential Members and Pensioners;
- Ensure accountability and integrity of operations of the Scheme;
- Prepare and present annual and other periodic reports;
- Perform any other duties relevant to the job as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant field from a recognized University/ Institution,
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized University / Institution,
- He or She must be a member of ACCA or CPA or CIMA,
- Professional qualification in Actuarial Science or Chartered Financial Analyst will be an added advantage,
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant work experience in the field of pension or insurance or finance or investment management, at least (3) three of which should have been obtained at senior management level in a reputable organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good supervisory and mentoring skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Impeccable level of integrity.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Computer literacy i.e. Demonstrate proficiency in relevant IT skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosed in envelopes clearly marked with the job title of the post applied for and addressed to the Secretary, Board of Trustees, Parliamentary Pension Scheme, P.O. Box 7178, Kampala. Hand delivered applications should be taken to Room No. G 10, Parliamentary Pension Scheme office, Plot (9-11), Development House, Parliamentary Avenue.
Deadline: 9th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline