Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the board of directors.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for the head office and branches.
- Manage four junior staff in finance and operations.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
Administrative Leadership and Management:
- Act as a business partner to the ED on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes—including HR, payroll, and benefits functions—with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Lead the organization’s sales and IT teams to design a plan for the future, and implement it successfully to meet the organization’s needs as the organization grows.
- Manage the organization’s fixed and current assets, with assistance from two office managers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Chief Finance Officer must hold a Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration department of a high-growth organization (preference given to FMCG experience).
- Previous experience in creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial organization.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Proven experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the private sector.
- Previous experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Equator’s mission.
- Personal Competencies and Skills: Professionalism and Ethics, Governance, risk and control, Stakeholder relationship management, Strategy and innovation, Leadership and management, Corporate reporting, Sustainable management accounting, Financial management, Audit and assurance, Taxation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (two of whom should have been direct supervisors) to our e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Note: Please kindly mark your application as "Application _ Chief Finance Officer” In the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 27th July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline