Job Title: Chief Credit Officer (CCO)
Organization: EFC Uganda Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director (MD) and DID Technical Advisor
EFC Uganda Limited (MDI) is a leading deposit taking Microfinance Company supervised by the Bank of Uganda and it provides financial services to micro and small size enterprises (MSEs). Its major purpose is to provide increased access to specialized financial services for entrepreneurs while contributing to wealth creation, improvement of living conditions and development of the Ugandan private sector.
Job Summary: The Chief Credit Officer (CCO) will provide leadership, coordination and oversight in the day-to-day management, administration, quality and growth of the EFC Uganda loan portfolio. The incumbent is responsible for enhancing the internal credit granting processes and infrastructure that will facilitate EFC’s continued growth and fulfillment of its mission. The CCO is primarily responsible to assure the effectiveness of departmental internal controls, maintain and exceed established targets and quality standards, provide budget management oversight, lead timely product testing and roll out processes, define effective policies and procedures that assure efficient lending operations and eliminate bottlenecks that effect inter-departmental productivity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Planning & Management – direct the planning, drafting and implementation of departmental strategic and business plans and budgets including (i) setting strategic and financial objectives, (ii) prudently managing all EFC resources within budget parameters and according to policies and statutory requirements, and (iii) product and service design, testing, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality;
- Risk Management – direct and support the development and implementation of a risk management framework (i.e. credit, liquidity, interest rates, foreign exchange, transaction, fraud, business continuity, compliance, legal, governance, reputation, and external business risks) ensuring key credit risk related performance indicators are effectively managed within the prescribed limits;
- Human Resources Management – provide strong leadership and effective management of EFC human resources according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to statutory requirements;
- Community, Public & Stakeholder Relations – ensure the EFC vision, mission and values together with its products and services are consistently presented in a strong and positive image to all relevant stakeholders and support funding/fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders and submitting proposals.
- Other Duties:
- Cultivate EFC values throughout the organization;
- Instill a human capital development and “coaching” culture within EFC to promote institutional and operational effectiveness;
- Ensure effective Human Resource Management (HRM) functions within the department and in collaboration with HR including training, development, employee relations, performance evaluation and recruitment;
- Manage the departmental business planning process including implementing and managing the business plans and the annual budget;
- Oversee strategic and tactical management of all EFC lending operations ensuring that sales targets are met and all credit related activities are well undertaken;
- Lead credit management efforts, as well as strategic and operational approaches to developing and delivering exceptional and innovative products and services;
- Work closely and cross-functionally to define, develop, implement, and support cost-effective and integrated lending technology solutions;
- Ensure, in collaboration with Risk & Compliance, compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to EFC’s lending operations and reporting requirements;
- Oversee and assess credit policies, procedures and internal controls with the objective to recommend development and implementation of optimized internal processes and resources to meet growth demands while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and service;
- Oversee the monitoring, analysis and reporting of credit performance indicators, ratios and results together with corrective action as necessary;
- Develop and oversee, in collaboration with other Executive and Senior Managers, implementation of effective business development strategies including identification of geographic growth opportunities and priorities;
- Communicate and drive EFC branding both internally and externally;
- Implement strategies and operational plans to ensure EFC loan portfolio growth and profitability;
- Meet regularly with Department Heads to keep informed and to offer support and direction as required;
- Support the EFC’s annual independent audit and periodic internal audits;
- Lead and/or support initiatives that will raise additional capital as required for expansion;
- Lead and manage the overall credit portfolio administration and business operations;
- Lead and coach the team and ensure transfer of knowledge and competences.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CEO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Chief Credit Officer (CCO) job placement should preferably hold a Master’s in Business related studies desirable but a Bachelors may be considered combined with relevant experience;
- At least eight years of progressive experience in credit related positions of which three years should be of relevant senior management/executive experience in a financial institution focusing on credit operations (microfinance and MSE lending is desirable);
- The Chief Credit Officer (CCO) should have good practical knowledge of and experience in the financial services sector with particular emphasis on lending operations. The incumbent must have the foresight to see how the intricate day-to-day activities link with and support the achievement of the vision and mission of the EFC.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent problem solving skills and capacity for adaptability and work under pressure;
- Ability to manage a team of broad range of experience, competencies and technical skills
- Effective leadership, conflict management and negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a letter of interest explaining their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic certificates/diplomas. The complete applications must be sent via E-mail only to: HR_OFFICER@efcug.com.
NB: The job title should be included in the subject of each application.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 02:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline