Job Title: Business Development Manager
Organisation: Pallmax East Africa Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Pallmax East Africa Ltd is a fully owned daughter company of Pallmax Sweden AB which was established in 1990 and they are acting as an agent for the Trane and Bouden brand automotive battery on the African continent. By building close and strong relationships with our clients in Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana among other countries, together with our knowledge of the African market and culture, Pallmax has shown growing figures for consecutive years. Pallmax is AAA-rated (highest credit rating) by Bisnode International Credit Rating Institute.
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager will oversee and build a sales operation in Uganda, support the growth of Pallmax’s sales and marketing activities in Uganda. The incumbent will build a sales department, manage new sales activities and manage relationship with existent and new customers and partners. The jobholder will also have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the development and growth of the company, while contributing to organization-wide strategy as a key member of the management team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and Marketing:
- Build and manage a sales department with focus on new business and development of distribution channels.
- The incumbent will manage and support existing customer base, partners and relationships.
- Steer new business development and seek innovative approaches to capture new market opportunities and exceed sales/revenue targets.
- In charge of the design, implementation and oversight of targeted marketing efforts.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to raise the company and brand profile.
- Manage a growing sales team that delivers and supports automotive battery sales.
- Enrich Pallmax’s organizational culture and business model through inspirational an innovative leadership.
- Actively contribute to organization-wide strategy and drive PALLMAX towards financial sustainability as a key member or the management team
Reporting and Administration:
- Maintain diligent records and oversee administration of all sales department activities including all reporting.
- Ensure rigorous financial management, regulatory compliance, accurate and timely reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Business Development Manager career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a credited university in business sales and marketing or related fields.
- A minimum of five years of sales and marketing experience in a management role OR Master’s degree in the above mentioned fields with three years of sales and marketing experience in a management role.
- The ideal candidate is an open minded, self-going, driven team player.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters to the address below. Attachments must not fill more than 2 MB.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline