Job Title: Business Development and Innovation Officer
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business Development and Innovation Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority was established as a public Authority, and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling coffee quality, and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Job Summary: The Business Development and Innovation Officer will offer technical support in the development and implementation of business development strategies, innovations, policies, and procedures for UCDA as well as the coffee sub sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support in the process of formulating business development strategies and innovations for the benefit of the coffee sub sector.
- Conduct analysis of all existing projects implemented and those in the pipeline, and identify risks as well as means of managing specific risks.
- Prepare fundable project proposals and bankable business plans that are meant to benefit stakeholders along the coffee value chain.
- Identify potential beneficiaries and sensitize them on them benefits of available business development services and innovations, and how to access the services.
- Provide support in managing stakeholder relations / partnerships and market developed business proposals to various stakeholders
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on activity implementation and submit them to the Head of Department for review and guidance.
- Explore and promote new technologies which can enhance competitiveness of Uganda coffee such as e-gaps, e-markets, e-maps, etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a first degree in Management Sciences, Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies or Public Administration
- A minimum of three years’ relevant working experience in developing Strategies, Business Development, and Project Management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong networking skills
- Good planning and budgeting skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good presentation skills,
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic certificates addressed to:
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Coffee House, Plot 35, Jinja Road
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala-Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Interested applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 21st July 2016 (by 17.00 hrs. Local Time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline