Job Title: Blood Donor Recruitment Manager
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Medical Officer – Arua
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Blood Donor Recruitment Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective implementation of blood donor recruitment activities in the operational area. The incumbent will be responsible for the generation of proposals/ plans, implementation of BDR program plans and dissemination of quality information on blood donation and general URCS information in accordance with the URCS standards and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work towards the achievement of overall goals of the URCS through effective managerial and lateral relations
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relations and accountabilities
- Actively participate in the preparation and implementation of the annual BDR program work plan and budgets.
- Create awareness, information and education about Blood donor recruitment
- Organize and publicize blood donation sessions and give information to blood donors in close cooperation with UBTS.
- Work closely with Branch Managers, Community counselors and volunteers in the to strengthen blood donor clubs and club 25 in the catchment area
- Initiate, develop and implement new blood donor motivation and retention strategies
- Develop resource mobilization initiatives to support BDR motivation and retention strategies
- Ensure timely submission of regional data and activity reports and accountabilities on quarterly and annual basis
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Program Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development studies or a related field
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project management, Public Administration or a related field
- At least three years prior experience in community work or relevant field
- Community mobilization skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Team work
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Proven integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 1st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline