Job Title: Agro-forestry Officer
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Agro-forestry Officer will be responsible for planning and controlling of crop production, Agro forestry, Apiculture, Agri business interventions at field level and generating reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as the Forestry Focal Point:
- Discuss major issues with program team and district forestry, Agriculture and commercial department regarding Afforestation, basic agronomy programs and Household Income support activities in respective operational areas;
- Send feedback to FSL management and responsible supervisor(s) on technical constraints and possible solutions identified at sub-counties and at district levels; Thematic area Expertise Role Work in liaison with the program team and district Forestry & NAADS departments to share experiences related to tree species selection, multiplication, planting, managing and utilization;
- Actively support and involve in the development of training manuals & materials; training of trainers in the thematic areas;
- Representation of ACF in Different Forums in Kaabong and other districts
- Actively participate in appropriate multi-district activities related to Crop production and Agro forestry for example; field days, workshops, seminars, agricultural shows and field monitoring visits.
Internal Integration and External Coordination:
- Coordinate and implement technical, financial, and administrative assistance to ensure efficient program implementation and timely responses to requests for assistance
- Participate on team activities in planning, development, and implementation of integrated crop management & Agro forestry programs and policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry, natural resources management or related field.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- Broad knowledge and practical experience of Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting.
- Good report writing skills
- Possession of a valid Driving/riding permit
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Diplomatic and culturally sensitive Good written and spoken English language. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Please send your email application to: email@example.com mentioning “Agro-forestry Officer” in the subject line.
Deadline: 14th July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline