Job Title: Agro Economist
Organisation: ASTARC Agriculture
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ASTARC Group is a diversified group with businesses focused on Infrastructure, Automobile & Electronic Solutions, Angel fund, Dairy & Agriculture, Retail Display Solutions, Automobile and Ports.
Job Summary: The Agro Economist will be responsible for collecting and collating data of commodity prices across different markets in Africa, particularly East Africa.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Agro Economist should hold a post graduate qualification in Agri-Economics or Economics from a reputed University.
- A minimum of five to ten years’ experience in the field of agricultural economics, preferably in monitoring of commodity prices in the pan African region as well as international markets
- The incumbent must be well versed with the local economies and crops grown in the region, their seasons, their impact on the market and all aspects related to behaviour of markets in agricultural sector.
- Knowledge about the same on an international level is an added advantage.
- Ability to network extensively with markets and collect data to be presented to the management in a desired format.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send detailed CVs, academic documents and cover letters with three professional referees and day time contacts via email to HRM, email@example.com. Please indicate the position title in the E-mail subject line or on envelope. E-mails must not exceed 5 MB.
You may also hand deliver to Plot 77, 1st Street Industrial Area or Opposite Uganda Management Institute.
Deadline: 6th August 2016 by 5 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline