Job Title: Advertising Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Advertising Manager will be in charge of the overall development and execution of the MTN Brand's commercial propositions in the market place in order to promote awareness, trial and usage of the brands products and services for the purpose of customer retention and continued growth of the company. The job scope includes responsibilities to the following teams; Consumer, Enterprise, Retention & Social Media
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Day to day management, end to end delivery of communication deliverables by the advertising agency including agency briefing, tracking, alignment and executional responsibilities:
- Draft agency briefs or follow-up briefs with the respective segment managers and get approval of briefs from the Senior Manager – Brand & Communications and CMO.
- Ensure MTNU advertising complies with Group CI
- Actively participate in the identification of suitable third party suppliers, in consultation with the Senior Manager - Brand & Communications, advertising agency and the procurement team.
- Put in place remedial action in case of non-performance.
- Understand and ensure compliance to MTN Uganda’s approval processes were applicable
Implement segment marketing and retail plans incl. management of the activity calendar:
- Translate segment marketing plans into activity plans and schedules in consultation with segments teams and with the approval of the Senior Manager – Brand & Communications and taking into consideration the customer and market insights.
- Continually monitor and evaluate own performance against set implementation plan and targets.
- Implement agreed activities, launches and promotional campaigns as per the approved schedules.
- Ensuring achievement of set targets
- Recommend new ideas based on feedback from within and out of MTN
Budget tracking and information management
- Develop activity budgets that are in conformity with the department’s marketing budgets and the unit’s marketing plan
- Keenly track expenditure against the approved budget and highlight problem areas for action.
- Prepare and submit periodical expenditure reports to the Senior Manager – Brand & Communications.
- Maintain prudent information management and documentation processes.
- Monitor and manage agency performance in accordance with set guidelines and budgets
- Manage the communication development process guided by market/research insights and the department/agency briefing process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the MTN Advertising Manager job opportunity should hold a business degree or 3 year Diploma (or its equivalent) with a bias to marketing and/or communication
- At least five years’ experience in area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Previous exposure and experience working in a medium to large organization or competitive FMCG environment
- Previous exposure working with/for advertising agencies will be an added advantage
- Brand Management
- Customer Care/Experience Management
- Public Relations knowledge and skills
- Strong sense of attention to detail
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Resilient & capable of working long hours
- Organizational, inter-personal and co-ordination skills
- Process oriented
- Self-motivated and should have initiative
- Must have a clue of MTN global brand direction, initiatives and CI rules
- Possess proven operational experience in an FMCG or advertising agency environment
- Must be able to think creatively and provide innovative communication solutions
- In-built character trait of a positive attitude and the ability to follow-through and get the job done
- Good team player, resilient & capable of working long hours
- Excellent communication, organizational, inter-personal and co-ordination skills
- Must be organized and process oriented, a strong sense of attention to detail
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers), Uganda.