Job Title: Administration Officer
Organisation: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization which implements high-quality, analytical development programmes in very difficult places. Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability. Donors include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the European Commission (EC), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC).
Job Summary: The Administration Officer will be responsible for providing oversight to the management of human resources and administrative support for Mercy Corps programming in Kotido Office, Assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, orientation, management of staff database, office supply, staff travel and accommodation, and general administration issues in the HR / Administration Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the program with all MC Administration logistical arrangements
- Actively contribute to the office strategic planning process and provide regular updates.
- Interface with stakeholders and local partners in a manner consistent to the program team in terms of paperwork and documentation of goods.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with all staff, stakeholders, vendors, partners, etc.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
- Develop the capacity of his/her team and assist with continued development of a career path for his/her staff.
- Work closely with all Mercy Corps staff to ensure smooth introduction and adoption of MC Staff handbook, Administration and Warehousing policy.
- Work with finance compliance to mitigate fraud, conflict of interest and legal ramifications of Mercy Corps
- Adhere to Mercy Corps mandated, procedures and controls including: Field Administration, Field Procurement, Logistics, Asset Management and Finance procedures.
- Offer support in training and orientation of new staff in those procedures.
- Prepare and implement guidelines for support functions of the reception, photocopies, translation services, office cleaning and maintenance.
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the office and guesthouses equipments like photocopiers, printers, Cookers, fridges etc
- Facilitate timely payments for electricity, water, DSTV and any other related bills for the facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery, Consumables and Catridges/Tonner.
- Overall responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for Mercy Corps Guests and staff in Kotido.
- Responsible for managing maintaining confidentially an appropriate and up to date filing system including the following; Staff/personnel files, Employment & Service contracts, leave database, stock/inventory files, staff meeting minutes
- Assist in collecting monthly staff timesheets.
- Work closely with the respective supervisors prepare staff position description, recruitment processes & contracts,
- Actively participate in disciplinary actions, hiring and termination meeting for the Kotido office as necessary, advise staff (national and international) on disciplinary procedures.
- Prepare and attend staff general and coordination meetings and compile the minutes as discussed and agreed upon by chairperson/supervisor.
- Assist in conducting or arranging for trainings and or other human resource development activities.
- Support in managing and renewal of office and guesthouse rental agreements.
- Administer all health insurance issues for Kotido staff as well as follow up on staff Identity Cards, Medical cards and business card issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Administration Officer job vacancy should preferably hold a degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position and or similar roles preferably with International Non-Government Organization and in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including techniques for staff development, training, motivation, and disciplinary handling
- Very good writing and communications skills.
- Good negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to innovatively solve problems.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road. The E-mail applications with cover letter should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline