Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Water Missions (WM)
Funding Source: Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Water Mission (WM) is an international non-profit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Our mission is to transform lives through sustainable safe water solutions. Since 2007, WM has been operating in Uganda as Water Missions Uganda (WMU).
Water Missions Uganda (WMU) has received funding from the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust to implement the new Trachoma Elimination Program.
Job Summary: The Accountant is responsible for performing finance and administrative tasks for the Trachoma Program following established WMU standards and procedures. The incumbent will plan, develop, organize, direct and coordinate a range of activities related to general ledger, accounts payable, cash management, payroll, and accounts receivable and produce the necessary regular financial plans and reports on strict deadlines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Membership to Professional qualifications like ACCA, CPA is an additional advantage
- A minimum of three years of professional experience.
- Mature in character and strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds
- The applicant must be a strong Christian and must feel a clear calling from God and a heartfelt passion for our mission.
- The applicant must also have the temperament and energy to be a leader in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability and willingness to fulfill multiple responsibilities.
- He or she must not only be comfortable in, but be energized by highly fluid, rapidly changing work environments.
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft office, internet and intranet and use of electronic accounting packages, especially QuickBooks and NetSuite.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit an application, detailed CV and at least three professional referees to email@example.com
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016