Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Mityana Uganda Charity (MUC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Country Coordinator
Mityana Uganda Charity (MUC) is an indigenous registered non-for-profit making Christian based organization affiliated to “The Mityana Charity”, a registered Charity in the United Kingdom responsible for supporting MUC development projects in Uganda. MUC currently operates in four districts in Uganda that include Mityana, Mubende, Kiboga and Kyankwanzi. The program areas of focus of Mityana Uganda Charity over the years include; Human Rights, Water Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Agriculture, Education and Health. With funding from IDF for the Human Rights Project, Mityana Uganda Charity (MUC) is implementing the Reduced Incidences of Women Vulnerability to Land Rights Abuse and Related Violence in Mityana District” project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Accountant will oversee the Finance Function of the Organization and ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as required by the Government and Donors,
- Maintain up-to-date financial entries in a computerized accounting system.
- The incumbent will prepare monthly bank reconciliations, payroll and staff terminal benefits.
- Prepare accounts and audit reports for the project.
- Keenly monitor financial operations of subsidiary projects linked to the main project.
- The incumbent will also manage and control projects expenditures, analyzing expenditure against budget and give explanation for variances, if any,
- Prepare quarterly and annual budgets, financial reports for submission to donors.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Compute and ensure all relevant taxes and social benefits are paid to relevant institutions.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Keenly verify completeness, existence and accuracy of all accounting information.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a University degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any related discipline.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a reputable NGO is a pre-requisite.
- Previous experience in QuickBooks accounting system highly required
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter, updated CV with at least three professional referees and relevant academic credentials addressed to: The Human Resource and Admin Officer, Mityana (U) Charity, P.O. Box 289, Mityana Uganda. All the application documents should be zipped in one folder not exceeding 2MB. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline