Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority was established as a public Authority, and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling coffee quality, and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Job Summary: The Regional Coffee Extension Officer will coordinate all the districts’ coffee activities for increasing production and productivity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with the implementation and oversight of coffee nursery development programs, distribution of seed and seedlings; and oversee compliance with distribution procedures, and established standard operating guidelines.
- Implement coffee extension programs, in line with the departmental guidelines.
- Actively promote new technologies which have been developed by coffee research and disseminate the same to farmers.
- Maintain surveillance on coffee diseases & pests and implement pest and disease control activities
- Participate in development of work plans and budgets for the Region.
- Work closely with and ensure effective collaboration with local authorities and other bodies with an interest in matters of coffee development in the respective districts.
- Offer technical support in the collection of coffee production and marketing data, and administering of questionnaires on coffee matters in the respective area of operation.
- Keenly monitor the quality of Coffee at the farm and enforcement coffee regulations by periodically checking on farmers.
- Compile monthly reports on coffee activities in the sub region.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must hold BSc. in Agriculture, or Agribusiness Management or Agriculture Extension.
- A minimum of three years’ working experience in a crop extension related discipline.
- Hold a valid riding permit.
- Flexibility to work upcountry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with group dynamics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic certificates addressed to:
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Coffee House, Plot 35, Jinja Road
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala-Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Interested applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 21st July 2016 (by 17.00 hrs. Local Time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline