Organization: Kyambogo University
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kyambogo University is the second largest Public University in Uganda. Since its formation in 2003, the University has established itself as one of the leading Universities in Uganda offering a number of academic programmes in line with vocational education, teacher training, hands-on engineering, special needs training, social sciences, pure and applied sciences, entrepreneurship and management that meet the Market remands and development needs of the Country. The Strategic Focus Areas of the University include: Teaching Learning; Research, Innovation and Knowledge Generation; Physical Infrastructure, Facilities and ICT Development; Institutional Development and Strategic Marketing.
Job Summary: The Graduate Fellows is a training position which is aimed to mentor trainees into Teaching and Research while they attain further qualifications for appointment to higher positions. They should acquire their Master’s degrees within a stipulated period of time (2 – 4 years).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Graduate Fellow vacancies must have studied and graduated from Kyambogo within the last five years.
- The applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) with First Class or Second Class Upper Division in the relevant discipline.
- The applicant must be proficient in using relevant computer packages.
- Possess excellent communication, leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Impeccable level of personal integrity.
- Age: Below 35 years
The Vacancies will be available in the following departments so you must be competent in the area you are applying for;
Faculty of Science:
- Department of Computer Science (areas of computing) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Biological Science – 2 Jobs
- Department of Chemistry (Textile, Environment & Chemical Engineering) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Sport Science - 2 Jobs
- Department of Food Processing Technology – 2 Jobs
- Department of Physics – NEW – 2 Jobs
- Department of Mathematics – NEW – 2 Jobs
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences:
- Department of Economics and Statistics (Preferably statistics) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Geography & SST – 2 Jobs
- Department of Sociology & Social Administration (Demography & Social Work) – 2 Jobs
- Department of History & Political Science (Political Science) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Language & Communications Skills – 2 Jobs
- Department of Literature (Film) – 2 Jobs
Faculty of Vocational Studies:
- Department of Agriculture (Extension and Soil science) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Art and Industrial Design – 2 Jobs
- Department of Human Nutrition and Home Economics - 2 Jobs
School of Management & Entrepreneurship:
- Department of Accounting & Finance (BSc Accounting & Finance) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Business Administration & Entrepreneurship (BBS with Education & BBS) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Procurement, Marketing and Supply Chain (B.Procurement & Logistics Management) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Management Science (Bachelor of Management Science) – 2 Jobs
Faculty of Education:
- Department of Educational Psychology – 2 Jobs
- Department of Foundations of Education – 2 Jobs
- Department of Teacher Education & Development Studies (4 for Technical Teacher Education & 2 for Human Resources)
Faculty of Engineering:
- Department of Civil and Building Engineering – 2 Jobs
- Department of Lands and Architectural Studies – 2 Jobs
- Department of Mechanical & Production Engineering – 2 Jobs
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 2 Jobs
Faculty of Special Needs & Rehabilitation:
- Department of Adult and Community Education – 2 Jobs
- Department of Special Needs Studies (Low Vision/ Functional Vision, emotional & Behavioural difficulties) – 2 Jobs
- Department of Community & Disability Studies (Adaptive technology/ICT for PWDs) – 2 Jobs
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send two copies of their applications together with the following:
- An up-to-date, detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts or other relevant professional certificates
- Three reference letters from professional/academic/work related referees.
The complete and sealed application should be addressed to:
The Director Human Resources,
Second Floor, Administration Block,
P.O. Box 1, Kyambogo, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 26th August 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline