Organization: War Child Canada
Funding Source: USAID
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Adjumani, Arua, Kokobo, Uganda
War Child Canada is an international charity organization that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. In Uganda, War Child Canada is implementing projects aiming at improving Justice for Survivors of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV), Youth engagement in Peace building and Education in South Sudanese and Congolese Refugee Settlements in Adjumani, Arua, Kiryandongo and Koboko Districts. With funding support from USAID, these interventions are extended to support South Sudanese youth in IDP Camps in Malakal, South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the preparation of payments for project implementation in the field.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of monthly financial reports to Country Office.
- Prepare monthly general ledger accounts reconciliations;
- Cash flow management: Timely review of Field cash position and budgets to ensure sufficient funds on hand for project implementation in the field.
- Offer financial support in terms of training for the Field staff on financial/ Administrative issues and regulations;
- Ensure full compliance with WCC rules and regulations of financial/ Administrative processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework
- Serves as the Human Resources focal point in the field;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University degree in Accounting/Finance or any other equivalent qualification in relevant field of study.
- A minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible finance/ administration experience is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of local language of the desired duty station is an asset. (Kiryandongo, Adjumani, Arua, Kokobo)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a detailed CV, cover letter indicating clearly daytime telephone contact and active email address, photocopies of relevant certificates (both professional and vocational) and contact information of at least three professional referees. Please clearly indicate position and location for which you are applying.
Interested applicants should deliver ONLY hard copies of their Application Packages to any of the following War Child Canada Offices:
Kampala: 2nd Floor, Plot 944 Ggaba Road, Kansanga. (Please ensure applications are delivered to War Child Canada NOT War Child Holland.
Arua: Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement Yoro Base Camp.
Kiryandongo: Kanyadoli Refugee Settlement RFM Base Camp, Bweyale.
Koboko: Lobule Refugee Settlement
Deadline: Friday, 15th July, 2016 by 5PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline