Job Title: Agricultural Loans Officer (4 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Mbarara, Ishaka, Agago and Elegu, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Agricultural Loans Officer will be responsible for growing the agricultural customer base by recruiting and maintaining a quality portfolio through the promotion of the Bank’s savings and lending products in strict compliance with laid down risk management controls and credit procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit new agriculture customers who are active in processing, production and/or trade such as (farmers, farmer groups/associations/cooperatives, traders, processors)
- Regularly monitor the Agribusiness portfolio and identify the early warning signs.
- Sensitise farmers to organise themselves in legally registered groups and stimulate savings.
- Increase Agribusiness penetration for the customers under management by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to customers.
- Initiate credit applications for new and existing Agribusiness customers by completing the documentation with customers, completing the required financial analysis and submitting applications to the Credit department for approval.
- Identify Agribusiness clients’ needs and offer solutions.
- Follow-up on all approved Agribusiness loans and ensure that customer information is correctly captured in the system.
- Regularly monitor the Agribusiness portfolio performance and ensure that PAR and NPA is kept within the acceptable limits to avoid losses.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling, migration opportunities, sell products and services proactively in order to grow the Agribusiness portfolio.
- Ensure that all documentation and transactions are in line with local and regulatory anti-money laundering and KYC requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Agricultural Loans Officer career vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or in any other Agriculture related field with at least 6 months’ working experience in a financial institution. Financial analysis and credit assessment skills are desirable.
- High level of speed and accuracy in order to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent sales/networking and relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication, negotiation and Interpersonal skills.
- Broad awareness of the agriculture sector with regards to factors like farm management, government policies, projects and trends in the market.
- Good understanding of the seasonal trends or cycles and their overall effect on various crops.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the agricultural value chain.
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Word).
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 15th July 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 29th July 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline