Job Title: Driver (4 Job Placements)
Organization: Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) is a body corporate established under Cap.137 Laws of Uganda. Its Vision is “To be a leading center of assessment for quality education” and its mission is “To ensure continued improvement of quality, validity and reliability of assessment and evaluation of the curriculum and learners’ achievement.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive vehicle to assigned destination
- Ensure that vehicle assigned is maintained at a cost effective and efficient manner and repaired as needed in order to support Organizational Activities
- Conduct daily assessment of the vehicle to maintain the highest level of standards
- Organize and run the maintenance schedules and report damage or malfunction of the vehicles to the Administrative Officer
- Maintain and update the Vehicle Log book all the time
- Ensure that the vehicle assigned is clean at all times
- Conduct regular checks for validity of insurance and first Aid contents
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must be Ugandans who hold Uganda Certificate of Education Level qualification with a pass in English or equivalent in any other relevant field; A Uganda Advanced Level Certificate is an added advantage
- Possession of a valid driving permit with classes CH and DL
- At least five years’ experience of driving and maintaining vehicles in a public Sector or similar Organization
- Possession of a certificate in Defensive Driving or basic mechanical engineering qualification is an added advantage
- Fluency in written & spoken English is a must.
- Fluency in Kiswahili is an added advantage.
- Confidentiality, Diligence & Reliability
- Time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Age: Between 25- 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications bearing position title, detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, photocopies of certificates and postal address and telephone contacts of three referees. The typed or handwritten applications on A4 paper should be submitted to the address below:
The Executive Secretary,
Uganda National Examinations Board,
P.O. Box 7066,
Plot 35 Martyrs Way, Ntinda.
Deadline: 14th July 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline