Organisation: AH Consulting
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Territory/Assistant Manager
AH Consulting is a consultancy company with expertise in specialised fields, analytics, engineering and technology focused on achieving client goals. AH Consulting primary focuses on; Management Consulting, Human Capital Management, Technology Services, Development Consulting, Engineering, Oil and Gas. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a company in the energy sector.
Job Summary: The Technical Assistant will be in charge of ensuring all-time availability of power supply in conformity with the company specifications and standards
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct construction and maintenance of overhead lines, switch gear, transformers and underground cables in accordance with company standards
- Update and maintain daily records; organize line clearance and handle assigned system emergencies
- Conduct commercial survey for new connections and effect new connections and meter installation
- Inspect new and old installations, and when requested, assist in meter reading and bill delivery
- Assist in carrying out disconnections and reconnections as may be requested from time to time
- Devise quick means of identifying causes of power failures
- Apply safety measures on all assignments in the course of duties
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on faults
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Technical Assistant job placement must hold a Diploma in Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Academic Institution.
- At least two years’ experience in a reputable public or private organization while working as an electrical technician
- Proven track record of integrity & work ethics, committed team player who is result oriented
- Broad knowledge of mechanical engineering will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV (clearly indicating three professional referees and their contacts), cover letter, and certified copies of academic documents to the address or email below.
AH Consulting Limited,
Plot 10 Saddler Lane, Naguru, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 29th July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline