Organization: Serving His Children
Duty Station: Uganda
Serving His Children Mission in Uganda was founded as a non-profit organization whose mission is to break the cycle of malnutrition in individual families and communities through intervention when necessary, prevention when possible, mentor parents towards long term change, bring hope to whole communities through education and to display and share the Gospel of Christ in all that we do.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work very closely with the Country Director; Deputy Country Director, Program and or project managers to integrate Serving His Children Health Africa’s technical tools and approaches into projects and ensure that programs and or projects technical foundation is solidly anchored in quality and performance improvement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Technical - Research, M&E:
- Take lead and support Country M&E system development
- Conduct project evaluations, assessments, or policy studies.
- Design (or provide technical assistance in the design of) program evaluations; research methodologies; instruments and tools; and performance monitoring systems
- Carry out data analysis of evaluation results.
- Provide M&E capacity building services to country teams and partners
- Prepare and present technical work at conferences, meetings; submit papers for publication.
2. Management - Research, M&E:
- Strategic oversight for donor contract implementation including oversight of logistical and operational aspects of donor contracts.
- Supervise project and program M&E staffs
- Quality control for contracts and work products submitted by consultants.
- Budget management and oversight for research and M&E contracts.
- Manage relationships with Uganda and internationally-based M&E consultants and sub-contractors.
- Lead or serve as a team member in proposal preparation activities.
- Managing M&E practice resources in country programme implementation.
- Oversee consultant recruitment for research, M&E and short term technical assistance activities.
- Provide conceptual guidance to ensure a strong and robust result based monitoring and reporting system, and assist in the development and refinement of relevant reporting formats and tools.
- Work with DCD in managing reporting calendar including compiling and reviewing of programme reports for Serving His Children, key stakeholders and donors.
- Provide regularly synthesized and updated reports on the status of implementation against Serving His Children strategic directions and the business plan.
- Coordinate the M&E activities of all projects to ensure high quality implementation and reporting.
4. Knowledge Management:
- Ensure that lessons learnt from evaluative activities are integrated into the knowledge base of Serving His Children Uganda, shared with sector leads and SMT on a regular basis
- Conduct regular reporting and review sessions with country teams and SMT to flag issues for resolution and to promote cross-sectional learning and sharing of good practices.
- Constantly study health-related global and national facts, figures & trends to inform programme development processes including reviews and in writing new proposals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Serving His Children Monitoring and Evaluation Officer jobs should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics. Post Graduate qualification in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation with a Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, International Affairs, Public Policy, Public Administration, and/or Statistics/Social Research; doctoral degree is desired.
- At least eight years’ experience in providing technical assistance in the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of health development programs/ projects using community-based approaches in an NGO setting.
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative assessment and evaluation design, implementation and analysis techniques for development programs is essential;
- Broad working knowledge of PM&E, research, documentation and dissemination.
- Demonstrate expertise in M&E-related activities such as statistical analysis, impact evaluation, performance evaluations, instrument design and management, M&E training;
- Proven experience in global health with in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following programmatic areas: HIV/AIDS, maternal, neonatal, and child health, reproductive health and family planning, nutrition, malaria or other infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, and/or health systems strengthening;
- Previous experience in proposal development ranging from capture management; partnering; research; recruitment; technical writing; and support to costing;
- Previous exposure and experience in operational research and international collaboration.
- Prior experience in conducting training at the community level / for community health workers.
- Prior experience in setting up and managing health programme M&E systems
- Previous experience working with governments and local governments M&E systems.
- Prior experience working with Big Donors e.g. USAID, DFID, UN Agencies etc
- Skills: Integrated health programme development, Program/ Project evaluations; Interpersonal and people management; Leadership and team building; Strategy development, knowledge management, proposal and report writing; Database development and management; Strong oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively work in teams and embrace participatory approaches; Capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment on multiple tasks; Takes pride in the quality and integrity of his/her work; Demonstrable results oriented, flexible and problem solving skills;
- Competences: Strategic orientation, Analytical, Decisive, and Results oriented, Team leadership, Collaboration, Integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV including three work related referees, necessary academic transcripts and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Serving His Children Health Africa in Uganda via E-mail to email@example.com
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline