Job Title: Finance Officer (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will provide accounting support to ASSIST Uganda Staff and other partners with the overall aim of ensuring smooth functioning of operations and project activities. The incumbent plays a general role of supporting project, Administration and Finance functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering financial transactions in Quick Books financial reporting package & updating the system on a daily basis and ensuring proper and accurate codding of financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports, bank reconciliation, petty cash accounts in line with organizational and donor requirements and deadlines.
- Work in liaison with the Finance manager, track and process VAT refunds and prepare quarterly VAT report for USAID.
- Prepare draft financial/Accounts report (Monthly, Quarterly, Annually) as requested for review by the Finance Manager before sending them to HQ.
- Reviewing of scanned documents before they are sent to HQ by the Finance Manager.
3. Manage finances & Payments:
- Process staff and Vendor third party payments & preparation of payment vouchers with respective supporting documents.
- Process staff travel allowances, per diems & staff project working advances and post them in QuickBooks.
- Keenly review accountabilities from staff and ensure completeness, journalise them in Quick books and ensure that all funds unspent are refunded to URC account.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure timely preparation and processing of payments by confirming all payments are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the project.
- Review of trip plans and activity request forms for Staff in line with USAID / URC cost principles before disbursement of funds.
- Ensure preparation and filing of NSSF, PAYE and LST returns to appropriate authorities.
- Assist with preparation and logistical support for workshops, meetings and seminars as requested.
- Prepare travel advances for staff and outside coaches/facilitators for filed visits and workshops.
4. Internal control functions: Uphold to the Organization’s Financial & internal control systems.
5. Record Keeping & Documentation:
- Establish/maintain an indexed filing system in the finance section and ensure financial documents are filed as per the filing system.
- Maintain financial and accounting records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other day-to-day transactions.
- Assist with the maintenance of a proper filing system for all financial reports, field wire requests, bank reconciliations: field accounts review certifications and other finance documentation
7. Other Duties:
- Provide on-going support & mentoring to project Staff with regard to project financial systems & procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor/ Chief of party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID ASSIST Finance Officer jobs must hold Bachelor’s Degrees in Business Administration, commerce or related degree from a recognized University with an Accounting bias.
- Possession of at least Level II of a professional qualification like ACCA, CPA or its equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience with an NGO in Accountancy and Financial Management.
- Impeccable level of integrity.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations is an added advantage.
- Fluency in using Quick Books is must.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5th August 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline