Job Title: Project Officer (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Forum for African Women Educationalists – Uganda Chapter (FAWEU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWEU) is an international non-governmental organisation which was launched in February 1997 as part of a bigger network of 34 National Chapters across Africa with a primary aim of addressing gender disparities in education that were manifested through low rates of access to education, retention, performance and completion of girls starting from upper primary school through secondary up to higher education levels. FAWE Uganda has secured funding from Plan-CEDAW for a new project to be implemented in Eastern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will be part of team responsible for the planning, budgeting and implementation of project specific activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take part in the planning, budgeting, implementation, support supervision and reporting processes
- Offer support in identifying program requirements through research, feedback and interaction with beneficiaries and other key stakeholders
- Ensure that the project specific activities are effectively and efficiently implemented as per project calendar/schedule/plan
- Ensure Clear documentation of project success stories
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level
- Participate in networking, advocacy and building support systems for programme sustainability within the districts of project implementation.
- Responsible for monitoring project progress and performance
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of quality monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Maintain a high level of transparency and accountability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Project Officer jobs must hold Bachelors’ Degrees in relevant field such as Education, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Science, Adult Community Education.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience with a reputable NGO
- Working knowledge of Project Planning and Management, Mobilization, Capacity Building skills, report writing skills
- Proven ability and skills in organizing and facilitating groups
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- High standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty
- Self-driven and able to work under minimal supervision
How to Apply:
Ail suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications including updated curriculum vita and copies of relevant documents to;
The Executive Director FAWE Uganda Chapter, P.O. Box 24117 Kampala. Uganda
Hand deliver your applications to their office on Plot 328 Magulu Close in Bukoto
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 18th July 2016 by 4 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline