Job Title: Project Officer (2 Career Positions)
Organisation: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Co-ordinator UNFPA Project
Straight Talk Foundation is an indigenous health communications NGO operating nationally in Uganda through the provision of quality behaviour change programs. Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communication NGO registered in 1997.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will lead the development and execution of STF’s outreach and training programmes in Amudat and Kaabong.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop work plans for assigned project(s)
- Actively participate in the implementation of assigned project activities
- Provide accountabilities for funds advanced for activity implementation
- Support monitoring of project activities in line with STF M&E plans.
- Support outreach and training activities for targeted audiences.
- Support mass media teams to develop and execute communication messages and programmes for targeted audiences
- Identify and manage partnerships that support implementation of project activities
- Document and share lessons learnt during the implementation of the project
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelors’ Degree in humanities i.e. Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies and a strong background in project management.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in social work and training especially in area of HIV &AIDS.
- Previous experience in working with Young people, children in areas of Sexual and Reproductive Health is very important.
- Knowledge of approaches and techniques for mobilisation, sensitization and working with communities
- Working knowledge of sexuality and reproductive health
- Working knowledge of youth participation
- Working knowledge of training approaches for children, youth and adults
- Working knowledge of HIV prevention
- Working knowledge of Approaches and techniques for guidance and counseling
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS office applications
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV, Cover letter and academic documents to:
Human Resource & Administration Manager,
Straight Talk Foundation,
Plot 4 Acacia Avenue,
P.O. Box 22366, Kampala. Uganda
Or Send via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 29th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline